Thursday, August 03, 2006

JACKPOT!!!


Well we are still in Greencastle, believe it or not. We finally loaded our crane yesterday. This morning we ordered our permits and knew that we had the day to kill once again. Hopefully we will get out WV permit and get the heck out of here tomorrow.

Today I hit the jackpot. Chris took me down into MD to do a little shopping. First we went to Y2Knit in Funkstown, MD. Y2Knit was a nice little shop in a cute littlepart of Historic Funkstown. I picked up a couple of magazines and some sock yarn and went along my merry way. I really wanted some 40" addi turbos to knit socks in with the magic loop method so I was hoping that we could stop at another yarn store up in Hagerstown, The Knitting Cottage(sadly they are without a website). Well this was the jackpot. It was owned and run by a nice Mennonite woman. They have a large selection of yarn, tons of addi turbos and the prices were AWESOME. I got 3 skeins of Lambs Pride Bulky for 3.75 a skien. What a deal!!! The addi turbos were only 11.50 and 12.55 each. I also picked up a few more skeins of sock yarn and some books.

( I also had a pic of the rest of my stash but the computer will not upload it. GRRRRRRRRRRR)


So when the day was done I walked home with
Knitters', Crocheters', Weavers', and Spinners' Travel Guide
This book is a guide to shops all around the country. Chris wanted me to have this book which I find funny since I will now be able to look up yarn stores wherever we are without having to turn on the computer.
220- 220 projects for Cascade 220
I have looked at this book for months and months when ever I go into a yarn store. I really like 220 and I figured I could study this book a long time.
Knitscene fall 2006 magazine
knit simple fall 2006 magazine

Interweave Knits fall 2006 magazine
#1 40" Addi Turbo
#2 40" Addi Turbo
3 Skiens of Pink Lambs Pride Bulky
I plan on making a cabled felted bag with this
1 Skien of Fortisima Colori Socka Color
I am going to make my honey yet one more pair of socks with this. It is really cool red, white and blue self striping yarn. It knits up red and white striped alternated with blue and white flecks. It is really really cool!
and
2 Skeins of trekking XXL sock yarn
one in stripy (that's a Laura word!) black, pink, green and white and one is shades of purple. I love this yarn, I made Chris peacock socks with it also.

I am so all set for awhile. Ahh, happy knitting dreams for me now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh Laurita, My work spouse, have I told you lately how much I miss you? Life here is definately NOT the same. We just had another potluck today for Bonnie's last day.. :-( I will miss her too. You two were my closest peeps. I hope you are rolling again soon.. I'll be here toiling away. waaa waaaaa :-)

Anonymous said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz someone must have fallen in the wine cask and forgotten how to post.