Monday, May 08, 2006

Sweetwater

This morning I went on a fabulous run. John and Kathi live about a half mile from Sweetwater State Park. I ran down there and it was great! I started out running just on the streets in the park since I wasn't sure what the trails were like. I didn't have a GPS signal at all so I think that helped make the run even more enjoyable since I could not see what my pace or calories burned were. I did decided to venture down one of the nature trails and was pleased to find that the path was wide and easy to run on. I ran about a half mile down to the factory ruins. The factory ruins used to be a yarn and thread mill during the civil war. The Union came and arrested all the workers and set the mill on fire. It was a very cool run. Next time we are in Lithia Springs I will be doing my entire run on the nature trails. I seen another runner on another trail so it must be do-able.

Ok this is for you guys out there who need to see something besides my knitting. Chris took some truck pics yesterday and I think they turned out pretty nice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, let me get this straight.. you go running, and find an old YARN factory?? Good Lord, that must be a sign that you were born to knit or something.. Nice truck pics for us guys. The socks and stuff are way cool though.. I'd like to hear more about all the food. (slurp) :-)

Anonymous said...

lol @rob,

Very pretty truck. How the hell are you... I am jelous... I want to be a trucker biatch... lol

I wish I was there I would stop and see my brother and his family in stone mountian. I havent seen my nieces in like 6 years...

Miss you guys

Anonymous said...

Please take some pictures of historic shit for me. :)