Monday, January 22, 2007

Hello Again

I know I have been absent from the blogging world for awhile. I am going to work on getting back on the blogging bandwagon. As you may know I have gone back to work and am no longer traveling around the country. Be warned that I am going to use this blog mostly to ramble on about my knitting and whatever random thing goes through my head.

Socks you have not seen

Well I was counting up the number of socks that I have knit since last April (18 pairs! 9 for me, 3 for Kari, 3 for Chris, 2 for my Mom and 1 for Disa) and realized that there are 3 pairs that are not on the blog! So here they are in all there glory!


These are what I am calling my fire socks. They are knit in Cherry Tree Hill Supersock. This yarn is super stretchy. I also made the spring socks from this yarn. Well anywho, I ended up making these a whole size smaller than I was really getting gauge for because they really stretch once you've had them on your feet for a couple of hours. These fit great so I am pleased that I made a mental note and re sized the.

These are my bells and whistles socks. I knit these with Schaffer Yarns, Anne. The pattern is from the interweave knits Holiday issue. I love these socks but the pattern did have all the bells and whistles! There are even little cable crosses every couple of rows. You can barely see them but I was plenty aware of them when I had to grab the cable needle every couple of rows!

These are Kari's blue socks. She received one and one half finished sock for Christmas. I had to promptly take them back after she looked at them so I could finish them. I got this yarn at the 3 Kitten yarn sale when they were changing ownership. It is Happy Trails sock yarn. These socks are thick, I would consider them more of slipper socks than everyday socks.

These are some cute little booties that I knit up with some Angora. The pattern is from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. These were interesting to make since you knit them in one piece starting with some double knitting. A special little baby will be wearing these soon ;)

Other Things

I have also been working away on finishing things up that I have already started. I am working on getting my UFO's under control. I finished this bag...

I started this bag in 2003. I knew I was almost done with it and had gathered all the previously knitted pieces and the pattern together and had planned to finish it this summer while I was in truck. Well it never made it in the truck so I finished it the other weekend. It was kind of like getting a free bonus bag. I had about 1 hour of knitting left on it when I picked it back up. I popped it into the washing machine to felt it and then had a zillion hours of finishing on it. Well now it has turned into my work bag.

I also finished this butterfly shawl.

It is the same pattern as this one. I got this yarn at the 3 kitten sale also. That may be why I chose this funky colors (lack of choice). Well I ran out of some of that fuzzy yarn that trims that shawl and had to go buy more which is why this project was put on hold. Once I finished the shawl I tried in on and came to the realization that I would never really wear this. It is just a little too loud for my tastes. Oh well it is wonderful for sitting on couch when I need something to wrap around my shoulders.

Well that's all for now. I have 2 more pairs of socks on the needles and some other things in the works but I will save those for next time. Working has drastically cut into my knitting time so I can not crank things out as quick as I did this summer!

1 comment:

Smarties said...

bitchin.