Thursday, January 25, 2007

I am a naughty knitter...

I am in a surprisingly good mood today. I woke up bright and shiny early this morning with relative ease, today is meeting day, my new shoes are finally fitting well on my feet, Chris is on his way home and I am just in a good mood in general. So at lunch today I decided that I would skip the walk down to the coffee shop to knit and I would just sit in the lunchroom here at work and knit and listen to my book. I thought I would save myself two bucks and have a few extra minutes to knit instead of walking down there and back. Well I was listening to my Ipod and knitting away when I realized that there was no point in trying to listen to my book because everyone wanted to talk to me. So I gave that up. Well pretty soon one of my coworkers came in the lunch room and was very interested in my knitting. Well she wants me to teach her how to knit.
I don't want to teach her...
I am selfish, I enjoy my knitting time at work as just some time to knit with out dogs and other household distractions. Also this particular coworker drives me nuts. I can't see myself sitting in the lunchroom with her on my precious hour away from hell (that would be my desk) to instruct a girl who I don't really like and barely speaks English on how to knit. Like I said, I am a naughty knitter. I read books and blogs and everyone is always anxious to teach to anyone who is interested how to knit. Not me. Don't get me wrong, I will teach YOU how to knit if you ask nicely, but not at work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can vouch by personal knowledge that there would be no way for you to teach this particular person to knit and retain your sanity. And as you so aptly put it, I am so happy to have you back in hell. :-)