Sunday, June 04, 2006

I have nothing witty to say...

I just want to give a shout out to my faithful reader Rob. Thanks for always posting a comment.
Hey Kari, I'm sure you read this all the time also but don't comment. Are you looking forward to Tuesday???xoxox???

Well we're in OH. We loaded Friday in IL and are on our way to Baltimore. The load is 12' wide so we have some restrictions and this is our stopping place for the day. I really should have a pic of the POS load that we have but it's really not much to look at. It's an old hopper of some sort. Someone bought this whole tar plant in IL and are shipping it overseas. We really can't imagine that anyone would pay money for what we're hauling but to each his own.

Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Flying J? We had the misfortune of having lunch and dinner here. They were out of butter, ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, hoagie rolls, anything that had marinara sauce, salmon, cream and real napkins (they were handing out cheap little ones that I'm sure they purchased in the convince store) And who knows what else they may have been out of that we did not hear about. Yah gotta love that flying J. It's always something!
Now that we have hit the road again I have dug into my knitting some. I am still working on my jaywalkers but they have turned into my project that is kept in my purse and gets worked on while I am in the restaurant. They are almost done though.


Ok so now I'll tell you about the new bag that I am making!! It is from Bags: A Knitters Dozen. (Have you noticed that I am crazy about the bags in this book?) This is what the bag looks like in the book. I am making it with a lovely cotton-linen blend. This bag is going to be FAB! You knit four diamonds and then they are pieced together. I had planned on lining this bag even before I started it but now that I am rolling along on it I know that it needs to be lined. The yarn is lovely but it I think I would have to be knitting a lot tighter to get the firmness that this bag needs. The liner will take care of that. When I was picking out the yarn I was having a hard time deciding on a color and it seemed that when I found one that I liked there were not enough balls for my entire project. So I am going to knit each diamond panel in a different color. Pink (of course!), purple, green and brown. I have not decided what color to knit the strap yet though. I think I have plenty of time to decide still. PS. Betsy, Did I ever thank you for the Magic Loop book???? Thank you!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, now I feel famous with my name in print.. As IF you could shut me up anyway. Holey Moley.. you said the word FAB referring to your knitting. All of a sudden I feel old. I haven't heard that word since I was... well, for a while now. Laura, you're always so hip.. so with it..so uhh cool. Sounds like everyday is an adventure for you, and that's awesome. I am a little jealous, but that's okay.. I'm happy for you. Don't forget to give the Boys a pat on the head for me. Be careful out there. Happy Trails...

Anonymous said...

You're welcome!!! I honestly love knitting my socks that way. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions :) I'm sorry I missed you while you were in town - I hope we can get together the next time you're here!! That bag looks awesome and I can't wait to see how yours looks. I love the colors you picked out!!