Monday, June 12, 2006

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling

Greetings!!! We are currently in SHelby, MT. Geez I need to update this more often. We delivered this

in Baltimore. Then we boogied down to NC to pick up this.

We just kicked this off the trailer and now we don't have a plan. We're camped out at a hotel for the moment so that is just fine with me!

Montana is really pretty. I think it would be awful in the winter though. I suppose people think that MN is nice but would be awful in the winter too. They have the biggest cows I have ever seen in MT. They also have tons and tons of sheep. I never really believed all that MT and sheep stuff but now I do... hehe... I have also seen Antelope. The first Atelope I saw I just thought it was a really old deer but Chris pointed out that it was an Antelope. There are tons of Atelope in MT also.

I have been knitting up a storm. Did I ever post pictures of this bag??

Well here it is. I've been done with this for awhile but figured I'd post a pic of it. Here is what I have done of Counterpain bag. I am rolling right along with this bag. It is going much quicker that I thought it would. Pretty soon I will have to go get fabric for the lining.

I also finally finished my jaywalkers!! The other night in SD it was chilly so I put on a pair of my handknit socks. Well I loved wearing them so much that they inspired me to put down the bag for a little bit and finish those socks. I started these socks this morning.

They are being knit from the toe up with mountain Colors Bearfoot. I love this yarn so far and am really enjoying knitting from the toe up. I am knitting these socks from the book Sensational Knit Socks. I am knitting them using the easy toe method. I was going to use the short row method for the toes from the book but it just did not make sense to me. I need to consult with another knitter about this pattern. (Betsy, do you have this book??????)

Well that's all folks. I will try to blog more often. I promise:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh another update! I was going to wait and see if someone else posted a reply before me, but we both know I can't shut up that long.. I am happy to see the pics, and see that you are having a good time. I do like the truck pics of course, but the knitting ones really make me know you are smiling... and that is very cool. I'm off to the trenches for another day... just not the same without you. I still get calls from drivers wondering where you are. Please give the boys a pat on the head for me. Happy trails..

Anonymous said...

ohhh I just noticed the line for your posting.. rollin, rollin, rollin.. Makes me think of that song, goes something like.. Rollin, Rollin, Rollin, man my ass is swollen.. no wait, that's not right... hahahahaaaa snort snort.

Anonymous said...

I was starting to wonder what happened to you!!! I'm glad to see that you guys have been busy since you left Minneapolis :) Nice bag! And I love those new socks!!!

Yes, I have that book but I haven't knit anything from it yet. I'm still working on Steve's socks. It's kind of too hot to knit right now so I've been working on a cross-stitch project that I meant to finish last year... actually like 10 years ago... oh well...

Keep us posted. I will send you pictures of my socks as soon as I get my act together and take a picture :)

Anonymous said...

BOO-yA!