Monday, July 30, 2007

Finished and New


Well well. I am one busy chica! I have been knitting away and actually even finishing up a few things. Small accomplishment...



I say this was a small accomplishment since this is just one square of many that will *someday* be an afghan. This was a really challenging little square. This has some of the most difficult cables I have ever knit. I wanted to get this one off the needles so I could start something new though. (more to come on that!)


Here is my big accomplishment...



I have been working on these little babies since the beginning of April! I was itching to start another pair of socks and since I try to not have more than two pairs going at once it ignited the fire to finish these up. Yeah!



So here are the new socks


Ok , ok, I know there not much yet just ribbing but they are going to be AWESOME! They are Dream in Color Smooshy Sock yarn and I am knitting another pattern from More Sensational Knit Socks. The pattern is called Faggot and cable stripe and I can't wait to be done with the ribbing so I can start on the pattern.


Ok and last but not least here is my other new project.



This is the Trifold Knitters Bowl from A Second Treasury of Magical Knitting. This will be felted when it is finished and will hang out on the coffee table holding yarn and notions. I think this is going to be really really cool too. I started off by knitting the mobuis strip and then picking up stitches for the bottom of the bowl. Where the pink yarn is, I will pick up those stitches and knit 6 pockets. Eventually you pick up stitches around the top of the bowl that kind of close it up like an old fashioned coin purse. Very cool stuff, just wait and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura Honey.. it's time for an update here. How can your biggest fan keep up with what you've accomplished when we never have time to talk anymore, and you are so stressed out at work. I was glad to hear you say yesterday that you were anxious to get home and knit.. :-)