Sunday, July 08, 2007

I don't want to work I can entertain myself fine w/o it.

Well this week was a pretty productive knitting wise. I took a half day on Monday, all day Tuesday off and Wednesday was Independence day, so no work that day either. I had a lovely week all in all. Chris came home Tuesday and just left this morning. I spent a lot of time this week enjoying the company of my entire family, knitting and my new favorite thing , the pool!!!

Today after Chris left I headed down to the pool for some fun and sun. I packed a snack and lots of water, a book and some knitting and planned to make a day of it. I worked some on my tofutsie socks and am just about done reading Gone With The Wind (for like the 6th time) I think I am hesitant on finishing it because I know exactly what is going to happen and it makes me sad. Stupid Scarlett, I wish things could turn out differently for her. The D twins joined me later in the afternoon at the pool but the weather turned nasty and we had to retreat inside.

This week I finally really started Chris sweater. I could not remember his chest measurement so I could not start it until I measured him again. Now I'm off to a pretty good start.

This is a pretty mindless knit so far. It is mostly just K4, P4. I knew if would be and some time you just need to thank god for totally mindless projects like this.

I also finished my mobius basket. This was a super quick knit and if you just sat down and worked on it it could easily be finished in just a few hours.

I have my eye on so many other projects from A 2nd Treasury of Magical knitting but am trying to stay in control of how many projects I have on the needles at one time. For example no more socks can be started until I finish at least one pair of socks. I think that more than two pairs of socks on the needles at the same time is too many. If I want to ever finish things I need to control myself from casting on. Speaking of sock here are my stockinette triangle socks.

I am working on the heel and right now and my goal for the evening is to knit the heel, turn and gusset. Wish me luck since this takes twice as long when you are knitting them both at the same time. It's turned into a yucky rainy day and night now so it may happen.

No comments: