Friday, April 21, 2006

Happy Birthday to me.

Wow, it's been almost a week since I've had a chance to blog. We have been very very busy and any chance to use the computer that I have had has been used for "official" business. Well we managed to deliver in El Paso and get the heck out of there. I loved driving thru NM, it was very pretty. I loved how most of the time you could look around there would be nothing but road and desert. I can't imagine what life would be like living in Eastern NM though. It is very desolate and poor.

After we delivered in El Paso we set up camp at the truckstop thinking we would be there for awhile. We found a nice parking spot and set up the Idel Air. (I am now a huge Idel fan now) Well Oscar and I decided to go for a run while Chris and Nanners chilled in the truck. We had to cut the run short because Oscar just couldn't handle to heat. I was ready to keep going but Oscar would stop and just sit down. Oh well I guess he's getting too old to be out running in the heat. When I got back from the run we hit the showers then took off to go load in Sealy, TX heading to Fort Bragg, NC (that's where I am as I type). I didn't think we were going to make it to NC for the awards banquet but here we are!

This load is just a stepdeck load but it got us where we wanted to go. I really meant to take a picture of this load too to post but just never gort around to it.

We have been kind of mosieing along to get here(surprise, Surprise) and have made a few stops along the way. Wednesday afternoon we rolled into Lithia Springs, GA and spent some time with Chris' parent, his Grandpa and Glinell and Jeanette, his siter in law and her son Mack. I have never met Granddad, Glinell or Jeanette and her family so that was cool. I thinkg it is so nice that now I am here with Chris when he is seeing his family instead of always just being on the other end of the phone

We had a blast in GA! We ate shredded chicken Tacos and yummy oatmeal cake. Micheal also called from Cuba so we all got to speak with him for a little bit. The dogs were suprisingly well behaved. We were very worried that they would be super brats and we would not be invited back. Chris had a heart to heart with them both before we arrived so I think that helped :)

Yesterday we cruised up to Fayetteville, NC (where Fort Bragg is located) and spend some time with Chris' Aunt and Uncle, Mitzi and Bobby. We also had a great time with them. I told Chris I would like to just drive around the country and visit people!!! When we arrived we just sat and chatted some with Mitzi then we went to Walmart. There were so many things that we needed! After Bobby was done with work we headed off to a fabulous Italian place for dinner. I had chicken Marsala and it was excellent! After dinner we headed off to the mall for some more shopping. Well my birthday started last night, let me tell you, since I was spoiled with all the stuff I got. I have a bunch of new clothes, Mitzi bought me a cute pair of pink flip flops, and Chris bought me a limited edition Dale Earnhardt Jr Leather jacket. We got an INCREDIBLE deal on it. It was far too good to pass up!

Last night we slept in the truck in front of Mitzi and Bobbys and this morning we got up and had coffee with them then went out to breakfast with Bobby. We just unloaded and next we will be heading to Charlotte, NC to set up camp and the hotel and drop the boys off at the kennel.

Ok. I started typing this us yesterday but now it is Saturday and we're in Charlotte. We dropped the boys off yesterday afternoon at the kennel. I miss my little guys. Our hotel room is awesome and the boys would have loved running around in this big ole room.

Last night was the social hour thing and this morning we had the meeting. We have some free time until 7 tonight now so who knows what we'll do this afternoon.

Well I'm going to post this since I have been hanging onto it since yesterday. I will post pictures later! I promise!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for the kind words! :-))) We loved having you here and are looking forward to you coming back! Love you both,
Lithia Springs
xoxoxox