Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Happy Hump Day

Sunrise in South Saint Paul
I snapped this pic this morning from the back steps. Although daylight savings is really messing with my sleep I am enjoying the daylight later in the evening. I miss the sun already being up when I get up. I don't like getting up in the pitch black. I have been taking advantage of the light in the evening by going running. Last night Oscar and I ran 4+ miles. Oscar got chubby over the winter but I'm sure that will be melting off now that we've started running again.


These are Disa's felted mittens. I finished them last week and have already given them to her. I was going to wait until her Birthday (April 24th, people!!!) but just couldn't wait. They were knit up with Cascade 220. I really enjoyed making these mittens. They were quick and easy! I have since purchased enough Cascade 220 for at least 7 more pairs of mitten. (Guess what your getting for Christmas!) You will have a choice of some fabulous colors!



These are my stupid socks. I finished these last week also. I don't think you can tell from the pic, but the left sock is HUGE. I don't know what I did wrong with that left sock but I learned a lesson, If it doesn't fit rip it back! You would think that I would know that by now. I finished the left sock, which took FOREVER since it's so huge, then cast on the same number of stitches on the same size needles and knit a perfectly normal right sock. What's up with that? I have another skein of this yarn (which I really like) that I will make a functional pair of socks with. Someday...




I made this yesterday. I am still playing around with this HTML thing but have a plan for that. I just need to figure out how to do it. Be watching you may this again!

TTFN!

Laura

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could the messed up sock also act as a mitten? hee hee hee. :)

Laura said...

Only for you Kari :)

Anonymous said...

cute socks and mittens . . . enjoyed your blog.